Compassion International ~ You can help too!

I support Compassion's Christian child charity. You can too. Sponsor a child today.

What I do ~ And how you can too!

Welcome, I am so glad you are here :-) My name is Angel Kennedy, AKA "LittleMsCoupons". I am currently feeding my family of 4 on $150.00 a month (which includes all health/beauty and households products too). We offer classes that can help you learn biblical principles for getting your family out of debt while teaching you how to shop on a budget and become good stewards of all God's blessings! Experience a Faithful & Frugal revolution in your household...contact us today.
Happy Shopping, Little Ms. Coupons

Friday, January 22, 2010

Faithful & Frugal Foodie Friday

Here in Middle TN it is a damp, cold, dreary day...SO I thought what better day than today to share one of my favorite sweet comfort food treats with you...

Anyone that knows me knows that I am a HUGE fan of The Pioneer Woman...It all started a few years ago when Kelley, a good friend of mine introduced me to the wonderful world of Pioneer Woman. There's so much to see...Cooking. Photography. Confessions. Marlboro Man and Charlie. The punks. And then there's the novel...ohhhh...the novel! *sigh* I have been a devout fan every since. So much so, that for the last 2 years PW's recipes have always made an appearance in the classes that I teach and I always make a point to introduce class participants to PW...because the world just needs to know about her...they just do. And now you do too :-)


Not long ago I had the opportunity of meeting Ree (aka PW or P-Dub) in person at one of her cookbook signings. A few girlfriends and I headed out for a fun girl's night out and braved the lines at the bookstore to get a chance to meet Ree, up close and personal.


Here we are...that's Lori, me and Kelley...waiting in line...waiting and waiting and waiting ;-)
It was well worth every minute...I mean hour (or 4 or 5) in line :-) I was star struck! And YES, she is even more beautiful in person than she is in pictures.We had to get a group shot...what a fun night!!!




Well, long story short...when I got my cookbook home I starting flipping through the pages and was amazed to find that one of my fav recipes was not in the book...I had company coming that night and I had a lot of day old bread sitting on the counter...so I decided to head on over to the PW website and just print the recipe...but since it's not in the book...you won't be able to find it there either...thus the reason for sharing it on the blog :-)
Without further ado...here's the best darn bread pudding you'll ever eat!
Pioneer Woman's
The Best Bread Pudding with Jack Daniels Cream Sauce
2 eggs
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups milk
2 cups sugar
3 1/2 to 5 cups sourdough bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/3 cup pecans, chopped finely
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat together eggs, butter, vanilla, and milk. Add sugar and mix until sugar is dissolved. Arrange bread cubes tightly in a nine-inch baking dish, keeping the crust facing up around the edges in scattered within the dish. Pour liquid over the bread. Sprinkle pecans all over and bake for 55 to 70 minutes, or until crust is golden brown all over the top.
While the bread pudding is baking, make the Whiskey Cream Sauce:
1/2 cup sugar
1 stick butter
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup Jack Daniels
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Stir constantly over low heat until mixture reaches a low boil. Pour a small amount over the individual servings of bread pudding.

You can go HERE to see the recipe on the PW site complete with an amazing step by step pictorial.
But here's what mine looked like...

Oh My!!! See those little crispy brown edges? Here take a closer look...

Yep, that's them...those little crispy brown edges are the BOMB Diggity, YO! Fo rizzle!!!
(Whoa...where'd that come from???)


Now...see this sauce below? Yeah...you're gonna want an IV of this stuff...It's really good. Really.

It's butter...and heavy cream...and sugar...with a little kick ;-)
Hey, I never said this was gonna be a low fat dish, now did I? Nooooo, in fact I specifically said "comfort food"...you were warned...besides, a little butter never hurt anyone!


Here's what you'll need to do...
1) cut a small piece of bread pudding
2) put it on a nice little plate
3) drizzle with some cream sauce
4) eat the pudding, lick the plate
5) repeat!
Enjoy...
~ Angel
P.S. you might need to hit the gym on Monday. Sorry about that. Really, I am.
Oh yeah, don't tell PW but I added some cinnamon to the cream sauce...yummo! I may or may not have also added some raisins to the bread pudding. Just sayin'. And you can't prove a thing...'cause I have eaten the evidence...bwhaahahhahaha

No comments:

Copyright © 2009 Angel Kennedy/Faithful & Frugal. All rights reserved. Permission to reprint required.
If you would like to post information found on this website to your own blog, please be sure to include a link back to Faithful & Frugal.