What I do ~ And how you can too!
Happy Shopping, Little Ms. Coupons
Monday, September 28, 2009
1 Smartsource and 1 Red Plum and 1 P&G
Remember that CVS, Dollar Tree and Walgreens are still running a deal on the Sunday Tennessean for $1.00 each. Inserts vary by region and will always be better in the paper with the largest distribution!
Publix Bottled Water ~ 6 pack
This week's penny item is available with a $10 purchase (before coupons) and is only available on Sunday 9/27 and Monday 9/28.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Now...on to the much anticipated news!!! This is a long post...so grab a cup of coffee or tea and settle in for a little while :-)
Well ladies...I met with Mr. Jones this morning at the Spring Hill Publix and we discussed all of the many emails, complaints and problems that you all have forwarded my way as of the last week. I am sad to report that there is in fact a HUGE change coming to the coupon policy. These changes will effect the way we have been able to coupon in the past, however we have to remember to look at the positive side of things, as I will point below.
I am not and I will not be posting any information pertaining to ANY Publix other than the Spring Hill store, since each store's policy could be different to some degree. So...the information detailed below is STRICTLY pertaining to our local Spring Hill store. If you are an out of area reader, please check with your store manager for information specific to the store you shop :-)
Let me clarify some of things that we discussed today...
1) The coupon policy is changing :-(
2) The trail mix instances were not at the SH store as previously told to me by the employees. It did in fact happen at a Franklin location.
3) The trail mix instances did in fact cause a problem and drew the attention of upper management, thus the changes that we experienced last week. The issue involved the amount of overage when buying so many...obviously Publix does not get reimbursed for competitor coupons and they are not in the business of giving away money either...so in the case of 90 bags of trail mix...you're talking $180.00 in overage! That is not okay, and it is seriously unethical...the store can not loose $180.00 on one transaction!!! So the District Manager had to implement some limits effective immediately.
4) The change in policy was originally meant to begin once Mr. Jones returned from vacation (set to begin this week) not last week. Now that he is back the changes are being put into motion in a more consistent manner.
5) There was a lot of confusion, even amongst the employees as to what the "new" policy actually was, thus why so many of you received different information based on whom you had spoken with.
6) Mr. Jones wants me to relay his apologies for any inconvenience that any of you may have incurred during your shopping trips this week and last week...he is in the process of sitting down with his employees and making sure that everyone is on the same page regarding the policy change. If you have any questions regarding the new policy, feel free to ask for Mr. Jones directly when in the store, he is happy to help.
7) In the very near future the policy will be posted in the store so that everyone can read it.
8) It is unfortunate that the actions of a few have resulted in changes for the majority. However the changes will be a lot smoother for everyone involved if we can be more educated ahead of time and have a little more patient with the process :-)
So what is the new policy???
Here's what is staying the same:
1) You may use 1 Manf. Q per item
2) Publix will double Manf. Q's up to $0.50
3) Publix will accept competitor's coupons from Target, Food Lion and Kroger
4) You may use a store coupon on top of a Manf. Q...You may use a competitor Q on top of a Manf. Q
Here's what is changing:
1) You can no longer stack a competitor Q, a store Q and a manf. Q!
Only 2 coupons per item will be allowed...You may use EITHER a store OR a competitor...but NOT both.
2) You can no longer buy multiples of the same item using a competitor coupon on each item. (IE. 3 Tide with 3 comp. q's) The wording on the competitor Q will be key...if it states "one per customer", "one per transaction", or "one print per customer", etc. than you can only use ONE of that coupon on the transaction. If the Q reads "one per coupon" than you could do multiples on the same transaction. You may only do one transaction per day.
3) You can no longer buy unlimited amounts of BOGO or Sale items. The new LIMIT will be 4 Sale/8 BOGO items per customer, per ad cycle.
4) Management has the right to impose "quantity rights reserved" as printed in the ad...meaning they can limit the amount of items purchased at anytime if the need arises. The manager can limit based on shipment schedules and supply in storage.
5) The Publix penny item is meant to be one per customer...so one person running multiple transactions to get more than one penny item would be incorrect. The actual coupon states "limit one deal per coupon per customer".
Bottom line...will there be flaws with this new system? Possibly....BUT that is where shoppers are held to a standard of integrity not to abuse the system. The fact remains that if we (Faithful & Frugal women of God) remain ethical and use integrity when using coupons and abide by the policy, we should be just fine :-)
The positive side of things:
Monday, September 21, 2009
The coupons are:
Sept 30th- Oct 6th — Free Gallon of Milk
October 7th- 13th — Free Parker House Rolls 8ct wyb Whole Foods Soup 1 qt.
October 14th - 20th — Free Carving Pumpkin
Valid only in AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
This week's penny item is available with a $10 purchase (before coupons) and is only available on Sunday 9/20 and Monday 9/21.Happy Shopping!!!
Friday, September 18, 2009
$5 DVD offer from AmericanGirl.com
Own the full-length movies of Kit, Molly, Felicity, and Samantha for $5 each (regularly $19.95).
Offer Ends 9/30/09...you can purchse all 4 movies for onbe shipping fee of $4.95.
There is a limit of 1 DVD (of each type) per customer order.
**Felicity was sold out as of this morning!** :-(
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Anyway, below is a pic of what I was able to pick up...
Spent $0.72 ~ SAVED $12.44 (includes $0.45 tax)
4 bags Ronzoni Healthy Harvest pasta ~ $1.79 BOGO ~ used $1.00/2 MQ = $0.89 each
1 Planters Trail Mix ~ $1.99 BOGO ~ used $2.00/1 Food Lion = FREE +
1 Mott's Natural Applesauce ~ $1.00 ~ used $1.00/1 MQ printable = FREE
1 Revlon emery boards ~ $1.69 ~ used $2.00/1 Publix Q = FREE +
Monday, September 14, 2009
It Pays to Eat Pasta: "Enter for a chance to win free groceries for a year.
A total of $50,000 in groceries will be given away:
• Grand Prize (8)-free groceries for a year ($5,200 ea.)
• First Place (42)-mini grocery shopping spree ($200 ea.)"
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
$25 certificates are just $1.00
$10 certificates are just $0.40
Offer ends Sunday, September 13, 2009!
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Chris (Spanky) Medina is owner and a personal friend of mine...He is the BEST driver's ed teacher out there and combines the real life problems kids face on the road with a comedy twist :-)
~ SPANKY'S DRIVING SCHOOL HAS MOVED TO FRANKLIN ~
Thursday, September 10th * 7pm-8:15pm at the NEW SPANKY'S DRIVING ACADEMY in Franklin.
This is the ONLY Comedy Drivers Education Program in all of Tennessee!
This is a great opportunity for your teen to learn about being a safe and responsible driver and heck, IT'S FREE!!! Parents and teens who are interested in our program may come, visit and watch a potential life-changing 20 minute DVD on Drinking and Driving, Texting, Distractions and Decision Making. We will have soft drinks, ice cream and a raffle for one FREE 2-HOUR DRIVING LESSON! And, you'll be able to try out the famous DRUNK GOGGLES! How cool is that? Please rsvp if you decide to come. Space is limited!
If you take this free class along with your teen then we will give you $20.00 toward classes if you decide to enroll them in our future program! HOW COOL IS THAT? You'll even be entered in our raffle for one FREE TWO -HOUR DRIVING LESSON! We will pick you up at your house!
Topics we will cover are:
Learning from Parents
Texting and Cell phone use- A big No No!
Drinking and Driving
Refer your friends to our 36 hour program and if they sign up we will pay you a $20.00 referral fee! HOW COOL IS THAT?
CALL NOW TO RESERVE YOUR FREE SPOT. 615-541-1315 and Tell Chris or the voicemail how many people you are bringing and make sure you say it's for the FRANKLIN FREE CLASS! Hope to see you there on the 10th!!!
Serving Franklin, Brentwood, Thompson Station and surrounding areas.
Website is: spankysdrivingacademy.com
1106 Harpeth Industrial Court in Franklin, TN. 37064 * Located next door to The Factory behind the Mapco Gas Station in the Kevin Wimpy Photography Building
**Spanky's also offers monthly I Double Dog Dare You! Comedy and Music Jams featuring some of the area's most talented teen musicians and comedy actors. Keep checking the site for upcoming shows!