Compassion International ~ You can help too!

I support Compassion's Christian child charity. You can too. Sponsor a child today.

What I do ~ And how you can too!

Welcome, I am so glad you are here :-) My name is Angel Kennedy, AKA "LittleMsCoupons". I am currently feeding my family of 4 on $150.00 a month (which includes all health/beauty and households products too). We offer classes that can help you learn biblical principles for getting your family out of debt while teaching you how to shop on a budget and become good stewards of all God's blessings! Experience a Faithful & Frugal revolution in your household...contact us today.
Happy Shopping, Little Ms. Coupons

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Planting The Garden ~ Part 2 "Whadya Do?"

Part 2 ~ Next step was to plant the garden :-) I found a wonderful website that offers a FREE garden layout and it was so easy to use and even told me the correct spacing for planting, as well as let me design a layout...I used http://www.growveg.com/ and I really liked it!

Here's a snapshot of what the layout screen looks like...

Once we determined what we were planting and how many of each thing we needed, we headed back out to Lowe's for the plants. I decided to go mainly with plants that were prestarted instead of starting everything from seeds, though we did do about 40% in seeds. After we got home with the plants, we started stringing off the rows per the GrowVeg.com layout...Then we got busy planting and sowing :-)


So, as you can see we are trying to get the most out of our limited space...We planted four tomato plants in the 4X4 box and then planted 2 strawberry plants in the box in between the tomato plants..thought being, that the tomato plants will grow tall and big and the strawberry plants will grow low and cover the ground. Now, I'll be honest, I'm not sure if this will work...I may wind up with strawberry flavored tomatoes for all I know...LOL But I'm not skeert...'cause if that happens I'll be RICH!!! I mean, can you think of a better way to get your kids to eat a 'mater? I think not...the strawberry flavored 'mater in a thing of the future...trust me on this one ;-)

And VOILA! The completed garden :-)

To Be Continued...
Stay Tuned for Part 3 ~ "What Did Y'all Plant?"

No comments:

Copyright © 2009 Angel Kennedy/Faithful & Frugal. All rights reserved. Permission to reprint required.
If you would like to post information found on this website to your own blog, please be sure to include a link back to Faithful & Frugal.